• I am an Accounts Assistant with professional qualification ranging from certificate, Diploma and CPA Level III and over six years in finance field. I am timely on deadlines, very keen to the details and also good with customers and suppliers relations. • I aspire to grow into a competent and professional person with excellent technical and managerial expertise required to lead and manage a good company. I am seeking to work in a competitive and reputable company that will challenge me to utilize my professional skills to maximize profitability for the company.
Jan 2010- On Going
Profession at Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda
Diploma in Business Administration- Accounting option at Makerere University Business School
Second Class Upper
Certificate in Business Adminstration at Makerere University Business School
Second Class Upper
Uganda Certificate of Education at Ngora Girls Secondary School
Accounts Assistant at Astarc Motors (U) Ltd
• Reconciling the cashbook with bank statements and checking balances against verifiable documents on monthly basis. • Demonstrate, and ability to prepare and extract financial statements for example Nominal and Subsidiary ledgers, Trial balance, Income and Expenditure report, Balance sheet, Cash flow statements, statement of changes in equity and budget preparations. • Posting cash and balancing accounts as well as compiling collections, disbursements and bank reconciliation, expenditure returns, financial statements and other reports to cover specified reports. • Review payment requests to ensure the completeness, accuracy and posting payments, invoices in the system. • Prepare payment vouchers for all invoices and ensure payments accorded to right supplier. • Maintain the cash book and reconciling with bank statement on monthly basis. • Maintenance of cash book, writing of vouchers and balancing of books and ledger.• Receiving cash and cheques daily and ensure that the due cheques are banked. • Posting the cash sales in computerised system inTally accounting package • Reconciliation of debtors accounts on monthly basis. • Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential. • To maintain books of accounts and prepare bank reconciliation statements. • Writing vouchers and verifying authorized signatories.
Nov 2012- Jan 2014
Accounts and Administrative Assistant at Northern Broadcast Company Limited
• To maintain proper records of accounts and Administration and ensure safety of all accounting and administration documents with a view to protect the company’s monetary and non-monetary • Preparing cheque payments and refund claims and ensuring that payments are made against verifiable accounting documents. • Reconciling the cashbook with bank statements and checking balances against verifiable documents on monthly basis. • Posting data and balancing accounts as well as compiling collections, disbursements and bank reconciliation, expenditure returns, financial statements and other reports to cover specified reports. • Writing journal entries debit and credit memos. • Ensure availability of materials for office use/ operations • Updating sales and marketing staff commission accounts. • Responsible for all VAT refunds on to clients’ accounts and filling PAYE returns • Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures. • Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends. • Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. • Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Aug 2009- Oct 2011
A Cashier at Mt Elgon Seed Company limited
• Preparing bank deposit slips in order to ensure that all collections are promptly banked in accordance with accounting procedures. • Recording and computing total funds collected with amounts of currency in register to verify balances. • Receiving cash and cheques, recording financial transactions, counting money to verify amounts and issuing receipts for funds received. • Disbursing cash and writing vouchers in order to make payment against specified expenditures requisitions. Preparing reports on imprest outstanding on monthly basis for follow up and recovery. • Ensure safe custody of all books of accounts. • Monthly inventory counts according to International Accounting Standards- IAS2 • Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. • Daily cash and cheque handling including foreign payments • Ensuring that the tills balance up at the end of the day. • Handling all cashier related enquiries from customers. • Process all intercompany payments
- Analytical, customer service skills,communication, computer, interpersonal.
Mr. Lee Martin Otim
Finance and Administration Manager
Mr. Amagu Christopher
Pest Masters Fumigation Services
0772 654 002
Mrs. Edemaga Christine-Oba
Uganda Catholic Secretariat
Senior Nurse Educator