Community Technology Access Administrator
An open-minded computer scientist with analytical and innovative technical skills in programming systems, system administration, networking, an adaptable graduate and an enthusiastic fast learner seeking challenging career position in a growing organization. A strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change while exceeding expectations with astonishing ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight
deadlines without compromising quality.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE. at UGANDA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
2ND CLASS UPPER WITH HONORS
COMMUNITY TECHNOLOGY ACCESS (CTA) ADMINISTRATOR at WINDLE INTERNATIONAL UGANDA (WIU)
• Day to day management of the Centre and implementing activities in line with UNHCR Global Education Strategy. • Mentoring, supervising and motivating CTA staff for optimum productivity. • Maintain an up to date CTA Centre Asset Management System. • Design & ensure the implementation of ICT training programs. • Provide regular and statutory reports to UNHCR, OPM on CTA activities. • Ensure safety of the CTA Centre. • Create awareness within the community on the functioning of the • Centre & progress. • Design & ensure the implementation of ICT training programs. • Repair and maintenance of hardware & software issues. • Managing the network and make sure it is constantly working. • Making and implementing ICT policies at the CTA. • Maintaining the communication systems, e.g. computers, printers, scanners, router, switch and Modem. • Troubleshooting computers, printers and other equipment. • Configuring and updating the computer systems with latest updates and technologies. • Carrying out procurement of items in line with WIU policies and procedure and also in charge of petty cash. • In charge of welfare of all CTA staff.
ICT SUPPORT OFFICER at GLAD MEDIA
• Issuing preventive maintenance. • Providing diagnostics for computer issues. • Installation of operating systems and other software applications. • In charge of repair and maintenance of computers. • Troubleshooting computers, printers and other equipment. • Configuring and updating the computer systems with latest updates and technologies. • Provision of help desk support to users.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER INTERN at ESKOM (U) LTD
• Perform In-house corrective preventive maintenance and servicing of • EUL computers and IT equipment. o Troubleshooting hardware and software IT issues. o Provide first line support to end user’s in all aspects of IT. o Install and configure hardware and software in accordance with details instructions. o Check replication of business information from end user workstations. o Regularly compile and submit reports on IT problems. o Research and test new technologies for implementation. o Upgrade computer software in accordance with detailed o instruction. o Back up of user data. o Configuring and updating the computer systems with latest updates and o technologies
- • Ability to organize, plan & manage computational
- • Able to create networks.
- o Familiar with using Windows 2012 R2 for server management.
- o Vast experience in using Microsoft & Linux office applications.
- • I am also very good at data entry and analysis using Ms. • Excel & Ms. Access.
- • Practical skills in Microsoft office word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
- o Internet Technology and Email Outlook etc.
|ENGLISH||VERY GOOD||VERY GOOD|
|LUGANDA||VERY GOOD||NOT GOOD|
|LUSOGA||VERY GOOD||NOT GOOD|
ESKOM UGANDA LIMITED
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
+256 785 775546 or +256 759 707715
MR. ALEX SEGGAWA
WINDLE INTERNATIONAL UGANDA
PROJECT FINANCE ACCOUNTANT
+256 776 269400
MR. DAALE SIMON JAMES
WINDLE INTERNATIONAL UGANDA
REGIONAL PROJECT COORDINATOR
+256 772 883573