Currently I am a Finance officer working with Kenya High Commission and I have 5 years of experience in that field. I am as well the I.T Administrator at Kenya High Commission; Ihave held this position for 5 years as well from October 2014 till now.
My work experience has equipped me with various skills and knowledge in the field of finance, accounting, technology and computer science .
Administratively I am a hands on and results oriented transformative leader who practices professionalism, team work and team spirit .This style of leadership has been very instrumental for me since my days as a General Secretary for the students Association at the University in which on several occasions I formed a synergisticteam of students leaders based entirely on merit and ability to produce results completely devoid of favoritism .This helped us to handle students grievances successfully. And for this, my leadership qualities were recognized with a certificate from the Faculty Dean.
Academically I do hold a Master’s degree in Business Administration (Finance) from Makerere University. I also hold a Bachelor’s degree inScience (Statistics & Computer science) from Makerere University and level II of ACCA professional certificate for which I am in the process of completing the full course. I also hold a certificate inWindows and Computer application packages.
Prior to completion of my Master’s degree, I wrote a cutting edge original research on the Effects of EnterpriseResource Planning Systems in the Private sector. A hard and soft copy of it is achieved in Makerere Universitymain Library and also accessible online. Myresearch is resourceful for Companies / organisations with many departments on how they can streamline the their processes, activities and procedures and improve effectiveness and efficiency of the company / organisation.
Furthermore, MBA has equipped me with more knowledge in Finance, Accounting, Management and Leadership skills among others.
I attained a lot of knowledge and skills from my Bachelor’s degree and this range from statistical modules, mathematical modules, computing and economical modules and these have helped me to handle and execute multiple tasks in my work routine.
The desire to study ACCA is to equip me with further knowledge in the field of accounting and finance in a broader context.
MBA(FINANCE) at Makerere University
BSC(ECONOMICS) at Makerere University
U.A.C.E at LUBIRI.S.S
U.C.E at LUBIRI .S.S
ACCA at Zenith Business School
ACCA level 2
October 2014 - September 2020
Assistant Accountant at Kenya High Commission
• Preparing the Mission’s needs and requirements and assisting in drafting the Mission’s Financial year budgets. • Preparing and organising the mission’s monthly financial documents e.g monthly cash books, expenditure returns and bank reconciliations. • Elucidating finance and accounts inquiries/queries through effective communication and responseand liaising with other mission’s departments. • Organising and Preparing payments to the Mission’s stakeholders (Individuals, Companies/Organisations,Suppliers and all service providers) whose payment call/need is due and this is done in accordance with internal controls and accounting regulations.. • Reviewing, Monitoringand ensuring that the mission’s payments/expenditures are in line with the set budgets. • Coordinating and ensuring good service delivery during the mission’s functions such as Jamhuri celebrations. • Preparing, organising andensuring VAT paid by the mission and it’s diplomats on goods and services bought/paid for is refunded back to the payee. • Performing other duties which are directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of services expected from the position at hand in the roles ascribed. • Preparing, monitoring andensuring timely payment of all bills due and salaries. • Maintaining utmost discretion andconfidentiality of the organisation’s documents. • Handling general IT inquiries, configurations, repairs and maintenance of the mission’s computers and other IT accessories. • Co-ordinating with other IT service providers to ensure good service delivery to the mission and proper repairs or servicing of the mission’s IT accessories. • Liaising with procurement committee to ensure the best and proper IT accessories are delivered to the mission and also the best IT services are rendered to the mission.
November 2012– August 2014
FInance Officer at CYC Networks
• Managing the Companies Finance records including Financial Statements, Invoices, Quotations, LPO’s and receipts • Reconciling the Company’s transactions and other records on a daily, monthly and yearly basis. • Preparing the Company’s monthly and annual Financial statements. • Processing of Accounting documents for the Company Quotations, Invoices ,Receipts, LPO’s and Finance documents. • Developing an in-depth knowledge of the Company’s products and services and providing rational Financial advice and information to the Company’s stakeholders (Technical team, clients and Management). • Resolving financial disputes raised by the Company’s stakeholders (Customers, Workers and management) • Assisting in the preparation of budgets for the Company. • Key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters. • Supporting the Finance Manager and executives with projects and tasks when required
February 2011 – September 2012
Editor/Graphics Designer at VCL Studios
• Designing graphics using soft wares such as Microsoft Adobe Premier pro, Autodesk 3DS max and cinema 4D . • Creating layouts using Design soft wares that convey a message to the audience. • Developing illustrations, logos and other designs using graphics softwares such as Adobe Premier pro, Autodesk 3DS max and cinema 4D. • Conceptualize visuals with the production team based on requirements and the target message. • Briefing production team about the needs and content of materialfootage necessaryto be captured for the intended use. • Editing material footage into ready viewable visuals for the audience using editing soft wares such as Adobe premiere pro and Final cut .
February 2008 –October 2009
Accounts Officer at ANNA MARIA TRADERS
• Recording and organizing the daily opening and closing stock. • Preparing the weekly stock valuation. • Reconciling recorded sales with receipts and invoices issued. • Recording and reviewing the daily expenses for the entity.
- • Problem Solving • Good communication skills • Strong Work Ethic • Time Management • Handling Pressure • Adaptability
• Ms. Clara Achola
Kenya High Commission, Kampala (U)
DHL Uganda Limited
Chief Finance Officer
• Mr.James Nderitu
Ministry Of Foreign Affairs-Nairobi Kenya