Enrolled for CPA, I have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, majored in accounting.
I have 8years experience in the field of accounting, I have worked with New vision Printing and Publication Company Ltd, Swiss contact Uganda, Data care(U)Ltd and Ponca Labels.
I have skills in Financial reporting, Bank reconciliation, Fraud monitoring, Computer skills in MS office, Accounting software and Data base, Auditing and Taxation, Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines,
Others include Integrity, self motivation, Team working ability, communication and interpersonal skills.
Bachelors of Business Administration at Makerere University
Bachelors of Business Administration
Diploma in Business Administration at Makerere University Business School
Diploma in Business Administration
January 2017 to-date
Accountant at PONCA LABELS
• Preparing and maintaining up-to-date Books of Accounts, Financial statements and records; by posting all daily transactions in Quick books and keeping a proper filing system of documents for easy accessibility and supporting the internal and external Audit processes. • Preparing the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and other reports which give a clear view of the financial status of the company thus enabling management to make informed financial decisions. • Executing payments, advances and accountabilities by verifying documentation, such as quotations, local purchase orders, invoices, delivery notes, advance forms, receipts among others to avoid fraud. • Maintaining customer confidence and protecting operations by keeping financial information confidential. • Reconciling debtors and creditors accounts to provide to establish the actual balances at the end of the month, making the process of following-up on invoices to debtors and payments to creditors fast. • Preparing employees salaries, NSSF, taxes; PAYE, local service tax and other obligations on time to avoid any penalties. • Preparing bank reconciliation statement, by comparing the cash book transactions against the bank account transactions establishing the direct debits, direct credits, unpresented cheques and dishonored cheques to detect any fraud. • Keeping an updated stock register to track re-order level, so that stock items can be purchased in time for smooth running of the company. • Coordinating the preparation of budget and financial forecasts and analyzing, reviewing and advising on budget performance in relation to income and expenditure.
Accountant at Datacare(U)Ltd
• Successfully developed the financial manual for the company which enabled the alignment of the finance and accounting procedures with the company’s goal and objectives. • Ensured effective posting of all financial transactions in quick books, to facilitate the generation of periodic reports on performance in comparison to plans and strategies including income statement, balance sheet among others. • Prepared timely staff salaries, NSSF, taxes (PAYE, withholding tax, local service tax) and any other statutory obligation which enabled the company to avoid penalties associated with delays. • Managed and maintained the register of owned and purchased equipment by the company to ensure a well-updated status of inventory. • Organized and participated in both internal and external audits by providing up-to-date information which greatly improved the financial accountability system of Data Care (U) Ltd. • Supported the technical/project manager to monitor the status of various projects so as to ensure that completion dates are met. In turn, this improved the clientele relations due to the smooth flow of invoices to the clients. • Coordinated the budget preparation exercise and ensured timely submission of monthly budget reports to management, to inform the planning and implementation processes respectively. • Verified payment requests and prepared vouchers and payments for suppliers. • Reconciled the cash book and bank statement at the end of the month to establish; direct debits and credits, un-presented and dishonored cheques, hence enabling close monitoring of transactions between the company and banks and detection any fraud.
October 2010-May 2012
Accountant at Swisscontact-Uganda
• Critically reviewed work plans and activity budgets against approved budgets of six (6) projects (Development Project, Local Skills Development for Youth, Workers pass, Skills Empowerment for Alternative Livelihood-Karamoja, U-LEARN) to ascertain compliance with budget guidelines before disbursements to the implementing partner. Subsequently, accountabilities were verified after activity execution and corrective action taken where necessary. • Ensuredefficient and timely reconciliation of bank accounts, cash accounts, advance accounts posted in SexTant system on a monthly basis. These records were submitted to the Accounting Supervisor of Swisscontact based in Zurich (Head office), to support evaluation of the six (6) projects. • Supervised petty cash transactions by working closely with the cashier, ensuring proper allocation of funds and timely accountability of each replenishment using imprest system. • Prepared schedules for all statutory remittances in compliance to Uganda Revenue Authority (URA), National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Local Service Tax Authorities (LSTA) while making staff payments and related benefits. • Successfully posted general ledger in SexTant on monthly basis, using account codes and project codes thus enabling the organization to keep books of accounts organized. • Prepared accurate and timely financial reports according to the organization’s financial policies and donor requirements.
January 2008-December 2009
Accounts Assistant at New Vision Printing&Publication Company Ltd
• Maintained books of accounts for example; entered cash and cheque transactions into the cashbook and posted other daily accounting transactions to different ledgers (the creditor’s and debtor’s ledgers)which were important in keeping track of the company’s financials. • Reconciled debtors and creditors accounts and this provided a clear view of the actual balance sheet the end of the month which made the process of following-up invoices and payments easier. • Received local purchase orders for printing (books, brochures, and flyers), raised invoices, received delivery notes and prepared receipts for payments.
- Financial reporting, Bank reconciliation, Fraud monitoring, Computer skills in MS office, Accounting software and Data base, Auditing and Taxation, Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines, Integrity, self motivation, Team working ability, communication and interpersonal skills
Mr. Patrick Mwesige
Zenith & Associates
Mr. Patrick Kagenda
Data Care Uganda Ltd