I am an achievement driven, detail oriented and analytical professional with an admirable reputation of working competently in a team environment. I possess a strong sense of urgency as well as flexibility to change and adapt whenever desired. I am a proven relationship builder with exceptional communication skills and an ability to anticipate both client and business needs.
My work experience spans over 4 years’ professional experience in the East African Region as an external auditor at Deloitte & Touche; one of the leading international accounting firms. At Deloitte, I swiftly rose to the position of Audit Senior; leading teams on various assignments including statutory audits, compliance audits, and agreed upon procedures spanning across industries including manufacturing, financial services, insurance, Public sector and audits of non-governmental organizations.
I have strong cross-cultural experience and core to my moral fabric are the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and professionalism. Given my experience, I have had exposure to various organization’s operations and obtained an understanding of various financial, IT systems and internal control environments.
I am a fully qualified member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. I also hold a second-class upper (honor’s) degree in Statistics and Applied Economics from Makerere University
ACCA at Management and Accountancy Training centre,(on behalf of ACCA)
Associate Certified Chartered Accountant.
Bachelor of Statistics(BSTAT) at Makerere University Kampala
2nd Class Upper Honours Degree in Statistics
UACE at Mt St Mary's College Namagunga
UCE at Mt St Mary's College Namagunga
August 2016 to present
Senior Auditor at Deloitte & Touche, East Africa
• Audit plan preparation, assessing audit risk, developing audit strategies, and executing audit assignments. • Preparation and presentation of audit reports and management letters including audit findings and recommendations to supervisors and management. • Conducting financial, compliance, information systems and operational audits resulting in improved controls and operating efficiencies. • Providing leadership and guidance to audit teams, ensuring that client expectations are met within the framework of the Deloitte & Touché quality and risk management systems, International Financial Reporting Standards, donor reporting requirements where applicable and International Auditing Standards. • Evaluating the effectiveness of internal control policies concerning the preparation of financial statements and recommended areas of improvement. • Testing the effectiveness of entities’ internal control systems to provide assurance to confirm appropriateness and compliance to sound business practices and company policies. • Effectively resolving accounting issues. • Conducting compliance audits for government contractual clients and reviewing contractual agreements to ensure proper adherence to accounting principles for not for profit organizations and ensure compliance to laws and regulations. • Reviewing team members’ work, leveraging teamwork and coordinating the audit process. • Coaching and Mentoring junior members of Staff
August 2015 to July 2016
Senior Associate Auditor at Deloitte & Touche, East Africa
• Planning and conducting professional management system audits. • Generating ideas to maximize assignment profitability. • Identifying areas of potential efficiency improvements. • Involved in financial reporting, risk management, compliance & integrations. • Compiling reports of audit results to audit seniors • Daily contact with client staff and other parties. • Training and coaching of junior members of staff. • Promoting controls and sound risk management. • Preparing audit reports for review by the lead auditor and senior managers. • Identifying any gaps in controls and making practical recommendations. • Performing audit assignments in compliance with the International Auditing Standards.
August 2014 to July 2015
Associate Auditor at Deloitte & Touche, East Africa
• Compiling reports of audit results to audit seniors • Daily contact with client staff and other parties. • Training and coaching of junior members of staff. • Promoting controls and sound risk management. • Preparing audit reports for review by the lead auditor and senior managers. • Identifying any gaps in controls and making practical recommendations. • Performing audit assignments in compliance with the International Auditing Standards
August 2013 to July 2014
Business Analyst at Deloitte & Touche, East Africa
• Working as a team member to provide high-quality execution of projects for clients across a wide range of industries. • Conducting reviews of systems, processes and internal controls • Providing recommendations to clients for improvement or remediation. • Drafting reports for issue to clients. • Collaborating with other service lines within Deloitte • Participating in sales and business development activity • Performing research and contributing to the development of thought leadership.
- Excellent knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). • Effective report writing skills • Extensive experience in preparing final accounts and application of International Financial Reporting Standards. • Knowledge and experience in implementation of internal controls, including risk management and mitigation • Proper understanding of the International Standards on Auditing (ISA’S) • Excellent knowledge of accounting and auditing procedures. • Strong analytical skills. • Project management skills • Team work and team leadership • High integrity and professionalism • Experienced in training and developing others. • Effective oral and written communication & presentation skills • Ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision. • Problem solving skills • Hard working and committed to client satisfaction • Good understanding of business strategy and priorities.
Deloitte & Touche, East Africa
Deloitte & Touche, East Africa
Head Libralian, Makerere Institute of Social Research