Very focused and Hardworking proffessional Looking for a position that will allow me utilize my acquired knowledge in accounting/ finance and be an important team player in pursuance of your esteemed organization’s objectives.
April 2018- date
CPA at The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
June 2013-to Dec 2017
ACCA at Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
ACCA Advanced Diploma in accounting and Business at Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
ACCA Advanced Diploma
Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM) at Makerere University Business School
Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) at Namilyango College
Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) at Namilyango College
PLE at Kalinabiri Primary School
October 2017- Date Oct 2017- Date
Accountant at Spurion Group Limited
• Provide financial information including analysis of the financial status, production of standard accounting reports. • Ensure all transations are accurately posted in the accounting system. • Enhance the control environment and to be involved in ad-hoc projects and initiatives. • To manage inter-company and intra company relationships, deal with multiple stakeholders across different lines of business. • Filing statutory returns namely VAT, NSSF , WHT and PAYE. • Direct responsibility in dealing with Auditors and Regulatory Authorities. • Commission calculations. • Carry out bank and Accounts reconciliations. • Debt collection • Managing and updating reporting changes as and when required by authorities.
Dec 2014 – Oct 2017
Accountant at Sino Africa Medicines & Health Ltd
• Work closely with external auditors during audit and prepare answers to audit queries. Participate in preparation of company financial statements in accordance with IFRS and IASs. • Updating and maintaining the fixed assets registers. • Filing statutory returns namely VAT, NSSF and PAYE. • Provide financial information including analysis of the financial status production of standard accounting reports • Ensure travel advances are fully accounted for in a timely manner • Ensure all expenses, purchases and Sales invoices are properly posted in the accounting system. • Performing regular Trial balance reconciliations. • Process payroll in a timely manner. • Participating in the periodic stock take and preparing stock valuation reports. • Carrying out Monthly bank reconciliation. • Reconciling supplier and customer accounts. • Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis. • Maintain an orderly accounting filing system • Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the chief Accountant.
March 2014- Nov 14
Accounts Assistant at Daks couriers Limited
• Posting Bank and petty cash vouchers. • Participate in preparation of monthly and annual financial reports. • Invoicing customers and debt collection. • Posting Supplier invoices. • Petty cash management and properly allocating costs in the system according to cost centers. • Filing statutory returns namely VAT, NSSF and PAYE. • Performing regular Supplier and Customer accounts reconciliations. • Carrying out Monthly bank reconciliation. • Handling accountable staff advances and loans. • To handle on a timely basis, any other duties as assigned by Supervisor. • Proper filing of accounting documents.
May 2013- Feb 2014
Finance Assistant at Africa Social Development & Health Initiatives
• Maintaining proper books of accounts. • Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual income and expenditure reports for submission to the supervisor. • Verify original vouchers and receipts and obtain the appropriate certifications. • Participate in preparation of monthly accounts, monitor and liquidate staff advances (Prepare and record payments to staff). • Bank and cash reconciliation
- • Proficient in Navision, Tally ERP & QuickBooks accounting software
- • Excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of Ugandan tax laws and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access and PowerPoint.
- Able to prioritize individual workloads according to deadlines •
- Good Team player •
- Self-starter and capable of working under minimal supervision •
- I have a mathematical mind and good analytical skills. •
- Good reporting skills.
|Luganda||Very Good||Very Good|
|Rutooro||Very good||Ver Good|
. Magala Eric
Sino Africa Medicines & Health Ltd
Daks Couriers Ltd
Office of the Auditor General