A proactive and sociable professional with over four years’ experience in project management, advocacy, communication, conflict resolution, public relations, resilience, peacebuilding and humanitarian action. The roles I have been tasked with handling include; identifying gaps in policies and implementation, analyzing the impact of armed conflict and natural disasters, delivering technical input on co-investment initiatives, initiating and launching UNICEF’s first global Ethics Leadership Month (ELM) campaign, preparing strategic reports, organizing workshops, and developing a donor metric system to increase donor relations and advocacy capacities. I am now seeking a position where my expertise can be utilized as I work towards ensuring that I meet the company’s desired objectives.
Masters of Science at Columbia University in New York City
Msc. Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
February to August 2019
Intern at United Nations Children’s Fund - East and Southern African Region (UNICEF- ESARO)- Office of the Regional Director
• Developed leave policy amendments for the ESAR region’s Operations Section to strengthen working conditions • Provided an Impact analysis of armed conflict and natural disasters to adapt program responses for the protection of displaced children to develop new strategies for child responsive programming within the fields of education, health, sexual violence and child protection. • Delivered technical input on co-investment initiatives such as the ‘Africa Conference on Children Affected by Armed Conflict’ with Save the Children. • Drafted inception report in preparation for the first Global Compact on Refugees in December, aligning UNICEF and UNHCR’s achievements as well as lessons learned towards enhancing the inclusion of refugees through the CRRF Framework • Implemented a rights-based approach for emergency programming in country offices that was predictable, timely and effective in the region.
- Programme Management: Excelled in supporting programmes and knowledge management initiatives, coordination of projects and compiling reports.
- Peace and conflict: Knowledgeable and skilled in the social science field that identifies and analyses violent and nonviolent behaviours as well as the structural mechanisms in conflicts (including social conflicts) with a view towards understanding those processes which lead to a durable solution.
- Donor relations: Vastly experienced in global interactions between states, non-state actors, and economic and social structures and processes
- Communication and Public Relations: Adept with practical experience on all areas of public and media relations.
- Advocacy campaign: Capable of influencing decisions within political, economic, social systems and institutions through media campaigns, public speaking or commissioning and publishing research.
- Team working skills: Crucial team member, providing support to management and staff in high pressure environments.
Bo Viktor Nylund
Deputy Regional Director