Production Chemist at Leading Distillers Uganda Limited
An assiduous Chemist and a dedicated researcher currently working on the Variation of demineralization efficiency of a R.O purified water-based dual SBA-SAC beds and MB DM polisher with time following chemical regeneration. A case of Leading Distillers Uganda Limited
A self-motivated, flexible, result-oriented, creative and innovative computer literate, well versed with several computer packages including Microsoft word, Power point, Excel, C programming and Matlab.
A team player with good inter-personal, analytical, problem solving, decision making and communication skills, accustomed to routine report writing.
Knowledge of Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Total QMS, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 22000 FSMS 2005, US EAS 144, DUS DEAS 145, US EAS 141, US EAS 12, Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls (HARPC)
RESEARCH WORKS (available at https://independent.academia.edu/OmaraTimothy)
1. Effect of pH, temperature and sunlight on the rate of migration of inorganic antimony into Polyethylene Terephthalate bottled juices sold in Kyambogo University, April 2016.
2. Antibacterial activity of papain hydrolysates of isoelectrically isolated casein, thermoprecipitated lactalbumin and ethanol-extracted lactose from bovine and caprine milk on diarrhea-causing bacteria (Final year research project, June 2017).
3. Screening of assorted pigmented vegetables and fruits for anthocyanins (with Rehemah Nnankabirwa, BSc Technology-Chemistry, June 2017, Kyambogo University).
4. Antibacterial potential of ethanolic extract of Jack tree (Artocarpus heterophyllus) stem latex on Escherichia coli and Staphyloccocus aureus (with Sheila Musiimenta, BSc Technology-Chemistry,July 2017).
5. The bacteriological quality of selected protected and unprotected spring waters of Kireka Parish, Kampala (with Thomas Odongo, BSc Ed, October 2017, Kyambogo University).
6. Comparative evaluation of the microbial safety of boiled locally vended ready-to-drink milk and factory packed pasteurized and UHT milk sold in Nakawa Division, Kampala (with Felesta Biira, BSc Ed, August 2017, Kyambogo University).
7.Effects of deep fat frying on the physical and chemical properties of assorted brands of cooking oils on the Ugandan Market (with Erisa Kigenyi, BSc Technology-Chemistry, August 2017, Kyambogo University).
8. Comparison of the antibacterial activity of aqueous and ethanolic extracts of pumpkin (Cucurbita mixta) leaves and seeds on Escherichia coli (with Dickens Waswa Opio, BSc Technology-Chemistry, April 2018).
9. Comparison of the antibacterial activity of unpasteurized Apis mellifera Raw honey and processed Bushenyi honey on Salmonella enterica serovar typhi (with Sarah Kagoya, BSc Technology-Chemistry, March 2018).
10. Spectroscopic analysis of heavy metals in Lung fish of Lira Municipal Lagoon, Northern Uganda (with Remish Ogwang, BSc Technology-Chemistry, June 2018).
11. Phytochemical screening and Bioinsectidal activity of essential oils of dry leaves of Sydney Blue gum (Eucalyptus saligna Sm) on granivorous maize weevil, Sitophilus zeamais Motschulsky (With Fredrick Kateeba Kiiza, Bsc Technology Chemistry, March 2017)
12. Bioinsecticidal efficacy of blended aqueous extracts of Lantana camara Linn and Azadirachta indica A. juss leaves and the commercial Dera blue gross dust insecticide on the common granivorous bean weevil, Acanthoscelides obtectus (With Stephen Mark Epiaka, Bsc Technology Chemistry, July 2018).