National Arbiter and International Organiser
I am writing in search for a job.
I am enclosing my resume for your consideration.
The nature of my qualification specifically development studies at under graduate level and a back ground in computer networking as well as the experience I have acquired for the last six (6) years offers me the perfect opportunity in the field working with various companies and on different jobs.
During my studies, and the practical experience on data entry and file management, I developed an excellent eye for detail and fit to perform specific roles assigned to me.
I have a good typing speed and confident in my interpersonal and communication abilities. I am very reliable, flexible, independent, proactive, result oriented with concern for excellence.
I am experienced in working to deadlines and accept that this would be an important part of the role. I therefore have the willingness to learn all that i am supposed to as to meet the expectations that come with the job.
My abilities in this area are further demonstrated by the position I held as a research officer with Yearning Voices Foundation, and a research assistant with University of California- Santa Barbara, and Twaweza, a regional non-profit organization.
All these roles have prepared and nurtured my passion in research skills required in registration work.
I thank you for taking the time to consider my application and I look forward to hearing from you about any interesting opportunity.
Bachelor’s Degree in Development studies at Makerere University Kampala
2nd class upper with a CGPA OF 4.27
Diploma in Computer Networking-CCNA at Makerere University Kampala
UACE at Jinja College
UCE at St. Joseph's Seminary Nyenga
Research Assistant at University of California-Santa Barbara Twaweza
1. Gather raw data of respondent contacts in real time in the field for communication in areas of Buikwe and Lugazi and enter the data using the ‘Kobo collect’ application installed on the tablets. 2. Mobilize Individuals to take part in the public services survey, and explain study purpose of the survey. 3. Get informed consent from willing study respondents 4. Make calls to interview respondents on status of government service delivery using a questionnaire in the local languages. 5. Sort all questionnaires in order for quick follow up and data entry. 6. Identify and report any data related problems that occur during data entry to team leader. 7. Upload all data entered from respondent calls to the main server of the organization by the end of each day.
Voter Educator at Citizens Coalition for Electoral Democracy In Uganda(CCEDU)
1. Carry out voter education and voter information in the areas of Mityana, Mubende and other areas on radio platforms (Heart FM) 2. Enlighten the electorate about the “Topowa, Honour your vote” campaign and its main purpose.
Long Term Observer Kassanda North Constituency, Mudende at Citizens Election Observers Network Uganda(CEON- U)
1. Observe the state of affairs in the field during the pre-election, election day and post-election period in the constituency 2. Submit weekly and or any critical incident reports to the coordination office using the ‘ODK’ (Open Data Kit) application and phone calls. 3. Attend all organized trainings and briefings of the organization
(December 2009 to date)
Uganda Chess Federation at National Arbiter and International Organizer
1. Organize all chess competitive and noncompetitive events 2. Register and enter participants who are to take part in all chess competitions. 3. Co-ordinate and supervise the chess competitions 4. Enforce the rules and regulations that govern the chess events Upload and Update the games on the chess-results server Offer support in preparation for award, budget management and monitoring
(February 2011 to February 2012)
Quality Assurance attendant at British American Tobacco- Uganda
1. To monitor and evaluate the tobacco under processing so that it meets the required standards of the company. 2. Record data on tobacco processing
(February 2010 to February 2011)
Data Entrant at British American Tobacco- Uganda
. Enter all collected data during the tobacco processing within the plant.
(August 2009 to February 2010)
Warehouse attendant in Supply Chain Department at British American Tobacco- Uganda
1. As an attendant, I labelled and unloaded all well processed and packed tobacco from the processing line ready for storage. 2. Align already processed tobacco boxes in the warehouses 3. Oversee the loading of tobacco boxes onto trucks
- Good participant in teamwork, team building and dynamism Confidentiality, accuracy, attention to detail Focused to deadline accomplishment of tasks and result oriented Good Leadership and managerial skills and welfare for one another Equality (gender, race, tribe, religion and class) Collection, entry, analytical and objective assessment of data. Ms Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Database, Excel and Access).
Dr. Esuruku Senath Robert
Head of Research
Mr. Luggya Vianney
Civil Aviation Authority and President, Uganda Chess Federation
Assistant Head of Public Relations,
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Dr. Mwondha Martin
CEON Uganda, Democracy House